Friday, April 20, 2012

A Small Adventure

This whole year I have been trying to get Clark to hike the Y with me but there hasn't been a good time for us to go. I didn't have school today -- which has been amazing-- so I decided to walk to the trail head and hike it. Little did I know that I am in really terrible shape and seriously almost died once I got to the top but I  eventually made it and loved every minute of it! 
(The only thing that could have made it better would have been having a dog to do it with me) 


Here is a picture of the Y from campus that I took on a rainy day last week. How beautiful is that? 


I made it to the trail head!


For anyone who doesn't go to BYU/live in Provo here is the hike. I decided to take the trail to the top of the "Y". that last switchback was a huge killer for me!


I made it to the top and decided to take a picture of the view and found my house!

Just a couple of tips when hiking the Y:
1. don't listen to your ipod, it totally ruins the experience
2. running down is a lot more fun and actually easier than walking down


It was such a beautiful day I just had to take a picture of this street. the trees were so pretty and the blossoms smelt so good once I got into my neighborhood. 


I freaking love spring in Provo. Here are some tulips that popped up along our driveway a few weeks ago! 


This has nothing to do with the hike and is not from today but Clark is just so dang cute. 
Love him. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like it was tons of fun (and it seems like it's a right of passage for BYU students to hike to the Y so it's probably a good thing you did it!). And I hear you about wanting a dog too. They just seem to make everything more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Did you hike the y by yourself? That's cool you walked to the trailhead too. That's a long walk! Kaylee, your blog makes me want to start a blog. I just love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete