Thursday, January 5, 2012

5 months and 1 year.

Exactly today, Clark and I have been married for 5 months but something else that is cool is exactly one year from today Clark and I had been reunited from him being on his mission for 2 years.
 A TON has happened in the past year as well as in the past 5 months. 

5 things I have learned from being married for 5 months:
  • Time is not the most important factor to determine readiness/happiness of marriage. 
  • It is necessary to tell your hubby exactly what you want/feel/need because he can't read your mind.
  • Being married is a lot more fun and less scary than it seems when you're getting married.
  • Cereal really is one of the best, quickest foods to eat when you're hungry.
  • Being married to your best friend is the best thing in the world. 

31 pictures to recap the past year with Clarkie Bear:


Clark came home!


At the beginning we had many group dates - Sundance


Dancing it up at Kyle's - this was actually our first date in 2 years!


We road tripped to Six Flags and spent the day in the Pouring Rain


While we were in cali we hung out with J&C


We made it to a JAZZ game!


Had lots of fun times on Bonnie Brae Ave


We got to see my niece a lot in Park City


And went to our first official formal dance at BYU


We watched Conference at Temple Square


And Clark helped me run my first 5K race!


Got crazy at some sweet dance parties!


We got engaged on April 4, 2011


I took Clark on my family's traditional hike to the Beaver Ponds


We attended Clark's brother's Wedding


Spent a weekend trip with my family in Southern Utah


And had a crazy spontaneous day - at Parachute's concert!


We made it to the pre-party of HP7P2 but left before the movie started because I got sick


Went on a trip to Jackson Hole/the Tetons with the Brimhalls


 and went to the beautiful wedding of  one of my roommates 


Had a crazy time of getting lost on our way to our engagement Session


And got sealed on August 5, 2011 for time and eternity


Went cruisin' in Mexico for our honeymoon!


Kind of went camping on my 21st birthday


We spent our first Halloween together as a Lion and a Hillbilly 


And had fun in the fall


Went to Iowa for Thanksgiving to visit my momma


And had a fun party for Clark's 22nd birthday


Had our first Christmas together (sadly, this was the only pic we had)


And hit up the ski slopes at Brighton the day after Christmas!


This year also consisted of many intense games of Legretto! 

That was our fun crazy and eventful year in a nutshell.
I cannot wait for more and more to come!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and sweet post about the joys of marriage. I can't believe it's almost been 6 months--you're only 4 1/2 years behind Jack and I, haha! Hope you keep having fun and thanks for sharing. I'm living vicariously through your awesome life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and so fun to look at all your pics! Happy 5 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a year! you are such a gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh biggy!!! I think this is my favorite blog post! I love your 5 things... they are soo true! Especially about telling your husband because they can't read your mind... I'm still working on that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog. It's so cute! I got married on August 6th of this year, so we're just one day apart! (that makes it sound like we were born on the same day haha)

    ReplyDelete