Wednesday, October 3, 2012

2012 Presidential Debate



I just really want to write a blog post about this debate that just happened tonight. I have to admit I am a Mitt Romney fan, not because he is Mormon, but because I truly believe he has what it takes to give America and its citizens what it needs right now.

People say Mitt Romney won the debate tonight and by winning what does that mean? To me it means he said exactly what  needs to be done to fix our country. It's not the fact that he was "more confident" or "more composed" by any means... he won because of the words he spoke. These words he spoke are not only just words but policies and ideas he and those in his campaign have researched and thought a great deal about that will HELP every single one of the people in this country. I feel like I am constantly wishing that what meant something to me meant something to everyone else which is never going to happen because we are all different and have different preferences and desires of what we want and need in our country. With that being said I by no means feel as though one party is "smarter, superior, or more politically sound" than another. If that were the case then we would not have both parties representing us in congress, as the president, in the supreme court, or in our local governments. It is OK to be a republican, it is OK to be a democrat... enough with this battle between the two parties. I am not trying to battle anyone on here anyway.

Something politics is suppose to do is to bring different viewpoints together and I feel like Mitt Romney would lead a government that could do that. That is what I want anyway. I want my government to try its hardest to best represent me, and not only me but my neighbor as well. I think what really made me feel most supportive of Mitt tonight is that I think he does really well with being a middle man. I think he takes views from both parties and combines them into the best options for our country which I LOVE. My biggest dilemma with politics is the fact that I agree with some liberal views as well as some conservative views. Due to my family and my religion though I feel I almost naturally draw to the conservative side because of tradition. I have always wished though that we could use ideas from both sides because both have wonderful views which I really think Mitt Romney is trying to do.

I don't think President Obama has given ME what I need from my government. I am graduating in December and don't have a job lined up yet due to there not being a surplus of jobs available that I have experience for. I know I am not the only person my age stuck in this situation. I have had friends, in-laws, and family members in this same situation as well. I also don't think Obama helped the people in the country by bailing out the banks because the banks never replenished that funding to the people who it was indebted to. This resulted in people not getting their loans who then couldn't pay its workers for the jobs they did and supplies they purchased which resulted in people losing their homes, cars, etc. (I know because I have had people very close to me experience this). Obama's plan hasn't worked for me or the people arround me so I want to give Mitt a chance. I think tonight he proved he has what it takes to lead our country. I think his experience as governor of Massachusetts is solid and valid proof that he knows government, economics, and the people. I truly and honestly believe he cares about this country and its citizens and will do all he can to help us. This is what he said so profoundly in his debate tonight that resonates that:

"First, life and liberty. We have a responsibility to protect the lives and liberties of our people, and that means a military second to none. I do not believe in cutting our military. I believe in maintaining the strength of America's military. Second, in that line that says we are endowed by our creator with our rights, I believe we must maintain our commitment to religious tolerance and freedom in this country. That statement also says that we are endowed by our creator with the right to pursue happiness as we choose. I interpret that as, one, making sure that those people who are less fortunate and can't care for themselves are cared by -- by one another. We're a nation that believes that we're all children of the same god and we care for those that have difficulties, those that are elderly and have problems and challenges, those that are disabled. We care for them. And we -- we look 
for discovery and innovation, all these things desired out of the American heart to provide the pursuit of happiness for our citizens. But we also believe in maintaining for individuals the right to pursue their dreams and not to have the government substitute itself for the rights of free individuals. And what we're seeing right now is, in my view, a -- a trickle-down government approach, which has government thinking it can do a better job than free people pursuing their dreams. And it's not working. And the proof of that is 23 million people out of work. The proof of that is 1 out of 6 people in poverty. The proof of that is we've gone from 32 million on food stamps to 47 million on food stamps. The proof of that is that 50 percent of college graduates this year can't find work."

 I just hope we can all recognize what it is WE need outside of the perspective of a party. Look into what you need and want from your government and vote for yourself.  

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post. I totally agree with you Kaylee. Every single word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! You said it very well



    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. In response to your cute comment-- haha I didn't do anything special to win! I just entered! I guess I am just getting lucky lately! There are so many fun giveaways out there though! So fun!

    ReplyDelete