Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bear Lake, Baking, & Birthdays

For any of you guys not from Utah reading my blog, Utah has this really cool extra holiday in the summer, Pioneer Day. It celebrates the day when the pioneers arrived in Salt Lake City. 
It's also really cool because pretty much everyone in the state celebrates it which means NO SCHOOL AND NO WORK! Clark and I really try to make the most out of these days but it landed on a Tuesday so our fun had to be limited to one day. Well, we decided to spend the day with my sister Ashley and her family. We all went up to Bear Lake. It was so beautiful. The water was crystal clear and pretty warm, which was nice because as you can see from the picture it was overcast pretty much the whole time we were there. 


So cute, we love them. 


A few weeks ago all of the Brimhall kids in Utah celebrated my father-in-laws birthday at Chili's and then went to the Sound of Music at the Hale Centre Theatre in West Valley. I would DEFINITELY recommend that one! It was very entertaining (have to admit I almost started tearing up at some points) plus if you haven't been to this theater it's really cool because it's a round stage. 


This past weekend Clark and I just stayed in Provo and ran some errands. I have to say the days we just stay here and do our own thing are my favorites. I feel like Clark and I get so much closer and I love it. It's crazy after knowing him for over 4 years now that there's a possibility of loving him more and more but I can honestly say my love for him grew even more just from this weekend. He is my best friend and my most favorite person to be with. I do not know what I would do with out him in my life. 
Best husband ever. 


We got breakfast at this cute little waffle place near our house. Way yummy!


Not sure if I've said this yet on the blog but I am taking a cooking class this summer.
(funny to think this is a class that goes towards my bachelor's degree)
But I love it so much and seriously am learning a ton plus getting some awesome recipes.
I've just gotta brag about this one because let me say I am pretty dang proud of making my very first homemade pie from absolute scratch! 
Here are the before and after baking shots :) 



mmmm so good. 
(also want to note I have been feeding Clark a lot better than I was earlier this summer from the class--double score) 

1 comment:

  1. yummy, i want a piece of your pie :) and i always love being featured on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete